KING EDWARD HOTEL
Originally the center of Jackson’s society and political events, the hotel was built in 1929, renovated in the 1960’s, and placed on National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
This beautiful and historic building, in the state capital of Mississippi, sat vacant for 40 years which added to the challenge of remediating the structure. The 12-story building was developed into a hotel on the first eight floors and apartments on the top four floors with a rooftop amenity deck. The rooftop amenity deck houses a fitness room, meeting room, and sun deck with swimming pool.
The building is on the Historic Register and thus the exterior and parts of the first 2 floors were renovated back to their original glory with plaster moldings, arched ceilings, and a grand ballroom. The adjoining parking garage was also renovated and accommodates the hotel and apartment parking needs.
*Originally designed by Forum Studio